“Team GOALS” stretches around the world, and we are lucky to count students, families, professionals, and soccer fans among our supporters, to name a few. All year, GOALS fans ask how they can get involved, support our daily soccer-for-development programs, and make an important impact to help kids’ lives in Haiti.
There are more reasons than ever to support our soccer programs in Haiti. GOALS’ daily impact has nearly doubled since June 2011 and we now reach 476 children per day in our after-school soccer sites in Léogane, Haiti. We have added six soccer teams to our roster since September, and granted 23 high school scholarships to hard-working, ambitious young leaders who form our Dream Team.
Here are five easy ways that you can join Team GOALS and make a difference by helping kids in Haiti. If you’re thinking about donating, don’t forget that every donation is tax-deductible, and 100% of your contribution goes directly to fund our daily programs to help kids in Haiti.
- Establish a Fan Club Do you love GOALS? If so, start your very own fan club! This is a fun way to connect with your friends and family and help us raise awareness about GOALS’ programs in Haiti helping kids in Haiti. Fan club leaders invite 25 people to join their club, and share GOALS’ news and photos with their club throughout the year. GOALS will send fan club leaders exclusive news and photos from our kids programs in Haiti! Email email@example.com to become a fan club leader.
- Like Us! A great, free way to join Team GOALS! Like our Facebook page and subscribe to website updates to receive news from GOALS quickly and easily. This is the best way to check on how we’re doing, view recent photos, and keep in touch with GOALS Haiti.
- Organize an Equipment Drive Equipment drives throughout the country have made a HUGE difference to helping kids in Haiti this year! Supporters as far as Tacoma Park, Boulder, Watertown and Seattle have helped us provide our soccer players with cleats, shinguards, socks, uniforms, and soccer balls. Thanks to these donations, GOALS has been able to help more and more kids throughout Haiti with our soccer-for-development programs. Click here for more information on equipment drives. Every collected item helps a kid in Haiti!
- Make an In-Kind Contribution GOALS has a wish-list of materials and in-kind services that will help us make a bigger impact in 2012. If you have unused computers, frequent flier miles, office supplies, books, or other materials suitable for youth programs, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your items picked up or shipped. These contributions help us keep our programs running strong throughout the year in Haiti.
- Donate! Thanks to commitments from GOALS’ Board of Directors, 100% of your donation will go directly to support our daily afternoon soccer programs for kids in Haiti. Through these programs, boys and girls benefit from improved soccer training, leadership skills, education, health and nutrition. Every dollar of your donation makes a big difference on the ground in Haiti: a donation of $35 provides food for 150 GOALS kids for one week, a donation of $70 funds a child’s place in our annual soccer summer camp, and a donation of $250 provides basic soccer equipment for 25 children in need. Click here to make your donation.
Thank you for your support!